Welcome to the page that discusses Put Options

I want to start this blog by telling you that I have no 1-800 number, I am not trying to sell you any newsletter with the next great stock idea. I am not inviting you to come to my house and view a cleaning agent. I will not try to sell you plastic bowls or any other ‘can’t miss’ ideas. I do not have any life changing secrets and I cannot promise you a flat stomach.



I am going to share with you my daily option moves and the reasons behind them. My way of trading options are of course not the only way to utilize Put Options. This is a way that I have found to be simple and easy and not as complicated as some make this business. My hope is that you can develop a steady stream of income and continue to enjoy your life.











Thursday, October 28, 2010

Private letters I have received

Hi traders, Tonight I want to get a little personal and discuss some thoughts from private emails and letters I have received. It becomes obvious that many traders are looking for ways to make money and incorporate some safety into their option trades. Many want to, but have not yet opened an account to trade options.
There is much fear expressed from people that want to trade these options, but between the stigma and rumors there is certainly a misunderstandings and fear that keeps future traders from jumping in and doing it.
My goal here and in my book is to explain and let what is affectionately called 'new-be's' get both a basic understanding of options and a way to trade them and how relatively simple they can be. This is not rocket science. It really is easy and just takes a very little work or (my book) to understand them. Regarding my book, not to burst any bubbles but i make very little from any sales. I make more in any given day trading options than I will make in months of book sales. I sell the book hoping to just make back the cost of having a professional editor and someone to proof read my spelling and grammar. The book is filled with my experience and some humor yet hopefully insightful points. I mention the book hoping that you take a look as it will give you a full history of my trading and ways that you can learn from my mistakes.
Also I am hoping this blog gives some idea of what a professional trader does and goes through daily. I often get asked "How much time does it take to be a professional trader" First of all i hope you do not go through what I did 10 years ago. To lose a million plus dollars and more in 18 months is not fun. It probably builds character but destroys what little brain cells I had.
As I have said in my book and on other blogs, " there was a time when I was getting Industrial size 55 gallon drums of Pepto Bismol delivered to my personal loading dock. Whew, what a time. But it is funny now...I guess...
So my goal is to spare you the anguish and pain of dreading to see the market the next day. 10-- 15 or 100K per day drain out of your account and no end or remedy in sight. So as I said, I want to spare you this charter-building experience.
So follow my trades or buy my book or best of all do both. We will make money together and try our best to avoid the bad times. I will do my best to help you and we will travel this option road together.
Jerry

No comments: