Welcome to the page that discusses Put Options

I want to start this blog by telling you that I have no 1-800 number, I am not trying to sell you any newsletter with the next great stock idea. I am not inviting you to come to my house and view a cleaning agent. I will not try to sell you plastic bowls or any other ‘can’t miss’ ideas. I do not have any life changing secrets and I cannot promise you a flat stomach.



I am going to share with you my daily option moves and the reasons behind them. My way of trading options are of course not the only way to utilize Put Options. This is a way that I have found to be simple and easy and not as complicated as some make this business. My hope is that you can develop a steady stream of income and continue to enjoy your life.











Monday, December 13, 2010

A quick trade this morning

I had a little extra maintenance funds this morning so I sold some NFLX 170 puts for this last few days of Dec. This gives me only a little less than 5 days for the stock to drop over 22 pts. The return was 1.36%, so not bad for a 5 day trade with plenty of cushion. I seem to be stuck in the NFLX mode. The premiums are the best I can find at this time, but I still don't like having all my eggs in one basket. I will be looking hard for some other ideas for the coming Jan puts.

12 comments:

fishchampion said...

just curious why you didnt jump on fslr again this week. i sold 110 at a fair price and these things are alot less headache than those darn netflix. they have a real good premium right now and some good news with a pe ration of only 18. i still stayed around the 2.0 percent mark but these are working nice.

Selling Put Options said...

Hi fish, I probably should have... I don't really trust the solar industry all that much but with enough cushion, I do use it now and then.

KJ said...

NFLX is a good stock to short or sell naked calls. I would probably stay away from selling naked puts....beware....this stock's target price is set at $78 due to expected contraction of the P/E ratio due to increasing competition from GOOG, AAPL and AMZN. You could try selling puts on safer plays like AMZN and AAPL.

Unknown said...

Take a look at BIDU Jan $60. Not the highest return (about 4.3 to 4.5% by my calculations), but looks like a stable price level, and no earnings report until Feb. On the down side, it is China stock, so who knows...

Unknown said...

Sorry, I mean the BIDU Jan $85. -Bill

Anonymous said...

Looking at a weekly chart of NFLX gives me a headache. I am glad I am not in this stock right now, its anyones guess in which direction its going to swing another 5%. Good Luck All!

fishchampion said...

i agree on netflix. it sucks..

Deirdre said...

How funny... I did 170 NFLX on Fri and w/ big Monday drop, I stopped out... I'm wondering if it is "GREEDY" to get back in since I see such a strong support at 180 (I expect a bounce back up) and only a few days left. I know I should say this, but it could make up for the lost (double risk - 0.25 put stopped at 0.50) from Fri-Mon. I saw there is lots of data coming today, so I'll probably wait til tomorrow and make it a 165 put to be "conservative"... :-)

Deirdre said...

I meant I should NOT say this...

Raging Bull Winkle said...

NFLX Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Is it Friday yet??

The only thing saving me this week so far is LVS LULU and AMZN Gezzzzzzzz

Raging Bull Winkle said...

NFLX S2 on person pivots is 176.00 looks like it should be there any sec. now

Raging Bull Winkle said...

Covered my 175's and sold 165 at .77
Still have the larger position at 170
Come on Friday.