Welcome to the page that discusses Put Options

I want to start this blog by telling you that I have no 1-800 number, I am not trying to sell you any newsletter with the next great stock idea. I am not inviting you to come to my house and view a cleaning agent. I will not try to sell you plastic bowls or any other ‘can’t miss’ ideas. I do not have any life changing secrets and I cannot promise you a flat stomach.



I am going to share with you my daily option moves and the reasons behind them. My way of trading options are of course not the only way to utilize Put Options. This is a way that I have found to be simple and easy and not as complicated as some make this business. My hope is that you can develop a steady stream of income and continue to enjoy your life.











Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Rolling up the NFLX puts

This morning after the opening I bought to close the puts I sold yesterday. I then sold the next strike up. I did these in what is called a vertical spread. But the basic result is that I bought 6 to close and sold 6 to open. Here are the results.
Thee are both WEEKLYS...
Yesterday sold the nflx 180 put = +602
bought today to close for . ...... -297
sold today to open, the 185 put.. +571
total return ................... = +876
The idea behind the trade is that I now have the same cushion as I had yesterday but there is one day less for NFLX to drop the 11 - 12 points and I made 274 more with the same cushion.
I am looking at the 30 165 puts that I have, and thinking of doing the same. Those have 8.5 days left so I might wait a day or two before rolling them up.
Good trading all.

6 comments:

Raging Bull Winkle said...

Beautiful I love it!! I think I'm really starting to like you. :+)

I'm short 100 LVS Dec. 41's I will look later this week and see if some thing similar would work there.

Hannah said...

nflx drops more than $10.

KJ said...

i would avoid selling puts on NFLX stock...too risky

Raging Bull Winkle said...

Well that was a short relationship!! LOL

out of 65 contracts I only rolled 15 plus looks like the bottom is in. Thank god the CFO didn't have a hooker and a bag of coke as he drove off into the sunset.. Now I remember why I like IWM so much. Geeezzzzzzzzzzz!

Selling Put Options said...

This is another reason to limit the number of puts in any one stock. Regarding NFLX itself, I think it is a temporary deal? But the stock has tripled in the last year or so and that always is an 'iffy' situation. It can only take one little thing to cause a profit taking circus. By the end of today we should know where we stand.

fishchampion said...

lmao @gary.. it doesnt mean he didnt drive off with the hooker he may just not got caught yet? I guess its hard to hold a job once you make it to the top of the food chain. Its easier to steal..lol im still holding on to my 165 puts but i will always remain far away on netflix. very risky stock..