Welcome to the page that discusses Put Options

I want to start this blog by telling you that I have no 1-800 number, I am not trying to sell you any newsletter with the next great stock idea. I am not inviting you to come to my house and view a cleaning agent. I will not try to sell you plastic bowls or any other ‘can’t miss’ ideas. I do not have any life changing secrets and I cannot promise you a flat stomach.



I am going to share with you my daily option moves and the reasons behind them. My way of trading options are of course not the only way to utilize Put Options. This is a way that I have found to be simple and easy and not as complicated as some make this business. My hope is that you can develop a steady stream of income and continue to enjoy your life.











Friday, December 3, 2010

Some cautions

HI traders, I have been reading the post and comments and some thoughts come to mind. I get nervous for investors that like selling puts but are making moves sometimes based on factors out of their control. So if any of this stays in your brains for the future then one of my goals has been reached. Hopefully these points will separate you from the average trader (who usually loses in the end)
* Whenever you are looking for a stock and decent prem, and you get the AHA moment, 'here is a great one..wow.' Folks, step back and reevaluate. The trader on the other side is not a fool. He will not give away money unless he feels he can make some. He probably has more experience than you and probably thinks you are the sucker. (he may be right) If the trade is out of proportion, you are in the wrong!
*Do not out guess the earning season. It is dangerous. Dangerous means one really bad report can wipe you out. It can ruin your investing career and sometimes more. This is simple investing, but to separate yourself from the pack you must have discipline and smarts.
*the bad reports that might come from a stock regarding earnings may come days or even a week before the scheduled earnings report. Do not think you can go right up to the day before etc. It is called earning season, which can be more than any special DAY.
*Do not get greedy. Greedy is a word that always means the other guy. When you are opening a position and it is two weeks in to the trading month and you are getting 5% or so... you are getting greedy. Meaning you are pushing the envelope way to far. Again, the guy on the other side is just hoping you take the bait. Do not forget, he is no fool, he knows just what he is doing. You be the trader that drops back one strike and makes 2% and smiles and sleeps. Let it be him that takes the bait. There is always someone that knows something. When they give away money, a thought that has saved me many times is, Jerry, be very careful and think this out, something is a little off here.
Well enough preaching here. Just be a smart trader not just an average trader. Average traders get their lunch eaten everytime.

1 comment:

fishchampion said...
This comment has been removed by the author.