Welcome to the page that discusses Put Options

I want to start this blog by telling you that I have no 1-800 number, I am not trying to sell you any newsletter with the next great stock idea. I am not inviting you to come to my house and view a cleaning agent. I will not try to sell you plastic bowls or any other ‘can’t miss’ ideas. I do not have any life changing secrets and I cannot promise you a flat stomach.



I am going to share with you my daily option moves and the reasons behind them. My way of trading options are of course not the only way to utilize Put Options. This is a way that I have found to be simple and easy and not as complicated as some make this business. My hope is that you can develop a steady stream of income and continue to enjoy your life.











Friday, November 19, 2010

A quick last day profit

Hi all, I just sold the 165 strike puts for NFLX for expiration at the close today.
NFLX is trading around 171.5. I sold 28 puts at .04 I received $86. so just a closing sell to pocket some money on the last day of trading. As I will be away later i will put in a BUY TO CLOSE order with a trigger of 166. this is just a little protection to let me relax while away for the screen. Just a few more crumbs!

3 comments:

Glenn said...

Interesting - so you are able to enter a stop order based on the underlying price and not the option premium. Is that right? I'm with TK but I don't see a way to do this. Any thoughts?

Selling Put Options said...

Your are correct regarding using the stock or option for a trigger. I can't help you as I do not trade at TK
Jer

Glenn said...

Jerry - That is a very useful feature. Can I ask which site allows you to use the stock price as the trigger?