Welcome to the page that discusses Put Options

I want to start this blog by telling you that I have no 1-800 number, I am not trying to sell you any newsletter with the next great stock idea. I am not inviting you to come to my house and view a cleaning agent. I will not try to sell you plastic bowls or any other ‘can’t miss’ ideas. I do not have any life changing secrets and I cannot promise you a flat stomach.



I am going to share with you my daily option moves and the reasons behind them. My way of trading options are of course not the only way to utilize Put Options. This is a way that I have found to be simple and easy and not as complicated as some make this business. My hope is that you can develop a steady stream of income and continue to enjoy your life.











Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Some last minute puts

I just sold another 15 of the NFLX puts at the strike of 165.

NFLX is trading around 206 I received another 806 for a total of 1960 in all. This position requires 52140 in maint So the monthly return is 3.7. This is with 71 points of cushion for 2.5 weeks.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, nice move on LVS so far this morning.
I sold Dec 18 positions at 37 @ 5.6%,39 @ 5.6% & 40 @4.3%. I liked how it respected its 20dma when I made these trades.
20% Cushion on the closest position at yesterdays close. Even better after hours.

Selling Put Options said...

good trades ED, Liked my CC's with LVS. I was sure they would make it but just didn't want to hang on that long to a position that was bouncing right at the strike every day. I din't want to come home and find the stock at 46 etc.
Jerry

Raging Bull Winkle said...

Hi Jerry thought you might be interested in one thing I look at or why I picked GOOG yesterday.
On ThinkorSwim Prophet Charts I set up a study with Linear 100/50 this is you Standard deviation channel.
A picture is worth a thousand words and this one pretty much says sell puts or sell calls. Yesterday it was sell puts on GOOG.

Not sure if this will work? If not try copy and paste.
This is what GOOG looked like yesterday on the Prophet chart 6 mo. I will be selling more puts at the 525 level if it goes there.

http://s678.photobucket.com/albums/vv145/RagingBullWinkle/?action=view&current=2010-11-30-PROPHETgoog.png

This is a daily chart of NFLX I believe both the GOOG and NFLX will work out over the next two weeks But I'm also not surprised only GOOG if profitable today.

http://s678.photobucket.com/albums/vv145/RagingBullWinkle/?action=view&current=2010-12-01-PROPHET_NFLX.png